Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Tour Guide, 6x6, 8/22/09 SOLD

I've been on a roll with these blueberries, need to use them before they rot or get devoured. Someone mentioned that I could talk about painting round objects without curves. When I draw I try to view the subject as a series of straight lines, and at some point the straight line veers off to another angle. Instead of painting/drawing it as a curve I will put it down as two lines or two planes. It tends to make the drawing/painting more exciting to me. Use the cherry as an example, there is approximately 9 angles making up the whole outline. Your eye will connect the lines and see it as real. To me it looks more real than one that has been rounded off. All the blueberries are painted that way as well. Notice all the straight edges.

No comments: